I'm Judith Pattinson, certified German to English translator, qualified editor and a native speaker of English. My business goes by the name of Signal Translations.
I hold NAATI professional certification as a German to English translator, and the well-respected Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists (UK). I am also a keen member of the BDÜ, the German Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators. Prior to becoming a full-time translator, I worked for many years as a full-time editor.
My academic qualifications include a BA (Hons) and MA (both first-class honours) from the University of Melbourne and the Graduate Diploma in Editing and Publishing (GradDipEdit&Publ) from RMIT University. My CV contains details of my career and German language achievements.
I have solid experience in translating, bilingual and monolingual proofing and, more recently, post-editing of:
- legal, financial and corporate documents
- marketing texts, press clippings and press releases
- literary translation, including Jan Bauer's graphic novel, The Salty River, published by Twelve Panels Press on 27 August 2015.
and more. See my Working Areas & Rates for further details.
My editing experience includes
- Many years’ experience as a publications editor, both in-house and freelance, with a wide range of government and other organisations
- a number of years as production editor for a magazine with a major Melbourne metropolitan newspaper
- localisation and proofreading work
- desk-top publishing and web design